Dota 2 is a rather challenging game, and each position has its own challenges and significance. You should pick a position that suits you and persist with it until you’ve mastered it. So we will introduce you to positions in Dota 2 and Dota 2 best position for beginners.
How many positions does Dota 2 have?
In Dota 2, there are 5 standard positions that a player can play:
1. Carry: The carry is in charge of transforming late in the game into the team’s strongest and most powerful hero. Most of the time, they begin the game in the safe lane, farming for gold and experiencing to buy strong gear.
2. Mid: The mid-player is in charge of keeping the middle lane under control and applying pressure to the other team. They can usually roam and gank other lanes and have good soloing skills.
3. Offlane: The offlane player’s job is to make room for the team and deflect pressure from the other team. They often have high durability and are capable of taking on two or more opposing heroes by themselves.
4. Soft Support: The soft support is in charge of giving the team vision and utility while also making a contribution to the team’s gold and experience earnings. They frequently possess skills that will enable them and their squad to farm efficiently.
5. Hard Support: The hard support is in charge of giving the team vision and control so that their carry can farm productively. They frequently give up their personal gold and experience for the benefit of the team even though they typically don’t farm as much as other roles do.
What is Dota 2 best position for beginners?
The best position for beginners in Dota 2 is the “support” role. This role typically involves heroes that provide utility for the team, such as healing, crowd control, and vision. They generally do not focus on farming for gold and experience, and instead rely on their abilities and items to contribute to the team’s success.
This position is considered the easiest for beginners as it requires less individual skill and allows them to learn the basics of the game such as map control, vision, and teamwork.
1. Hard Support
What is Dota 2 best position for beginners? It is Hard Support. In Dota 2, the hard support role is in charge of giving the team direction and control while also assisting with the effective operation of the carry farm. Early in the game, hard support heroes are typically ones with the power to blind, disorient, or displace adversaries.
The majority of the time, they don’t farm as much as other roles and frequently give up their own gold and experience for the benefit of the team. A solid command of the game, map control, and timing are necessary for this job. Most Hard Support heroes feature a healing or salvation spell of some sort.
A strong hard support can significantly impact the early going and position their team for success. The opening 10 minutes are crucial because that’s when their spells are most damaging. Later on in the contest, Hard Support looks after the team’s vision. They purchase and install “Observer” and “Sentry Wards” to block the view of the enemy. Life-saving and healing goods will be a part of your item build.
The least amount of game mechanics expertise is needed for this function, making it the easiest. You will need to develop your rallying skills, know when to camp, and most importantly, know how to position yourself in teamfights because you will be the enemy’s most straightforward target.
2. Soft Support
Similar to the hard support role in Dota 2, the soft support role is more concerned with helping the team gain experience and get gold. You purchase more things and occupy more farms.
Soft supports frequently possess skills like lane pulling and stacking that can make it easier for them and their team to farm effectively. In addition to offering utility and visibility, they frequently include some form of self-sustainability.
Although they can participate more in teamfights than hard support, they nonetheless frequently have lower resource requirements than core roles. They are also in charge of acquiring some of the team’s more pricey supplies, like “Smoke of Deceit” and “Observer Wards.” The Blink Dagger is the ideal weapon for this location.
You traverse the map in the game’s early stages in search of kills. Offlaners frequently accompany soft supports as they attempt to stop the opponent carriers. The majority of the heroes you’ll be using in this role have a playstyle spell.
Additionally, this is a key location. When to attack other lanes, defend their mid laner power gems, or enter the opposing jungle is a skill that soft supports need to master. This position calls for a skillful balancing of in-depth knowledge of the game and sound judgment because it requires them to choose between increasing the team’s revenue and giving visibility and control.
Dota 2 has 5 positions to play, including Carry, Mid, Offlane, Soft Support, and Hard Support. It’s important to note that these positions are not set in stone and players can choose any hero for any position. However, the traditional roles and responsibilities of the positions are a good starting point for players who are new to the game.
In which, the Support position is the easiest to help you familiarize yourself with many things in this difficult game. Especially, Hard Support is Dota 2 best position for beginners. You should use heroes in this position to start learning about Dota 2. The best heroes for this position are Crystal Maiden, Dazzle, Oracle or Warlock.