Currently, Dota 2 is dominating the online game market on mobile with a large number of visitors. Dota 2 attracts players with extremely dramatic and highly engaging gameplay. Check out the tips and strategies for playing Dota 2 right below with mobasport that will give you an edge over your opponents!
Tips and Strategies for playing Dota 2
1. Lane control
Lane control is a strategy in Dota 2 that involves using creep waves to push lanes and gain an advantage over the opposing team. This can be done by killing enemy creeps, or by using abilities to push the creep wave towards the enemy’s base. By controlling the lanes, a team can gain an advantage in gold and experience, and can also force the enemy team to retreat.
There are several ways to control lanes:
- Pulling: Pulling is the act of pulling the enemy creeps away from the lane. This can be done by using abilities or items to lure the creeps away from the lane.
- Pushing: Pushing is the act of pushing the creep wave towards the enemy’s base. This can be done by killing enemy creeps and allowing your own creeps to push the lane.
- Denying: Denying is the act of killing your own creeps to prevent the enemy team from gaining gold and experience.
- Rotations: Rotations is the act of moving heroes from one lane to another to gain an advantage in a different lane.
- Warding: Warding is the act of placing observer wards to gain vision of the enemy’s movements.
By controlling lanes, a team can gain an advantage in gold and experience, and can also force the enemy team to retreat. This can lead to taking towers, Roshan and ultimately winning the game.
2. Map control
Map control is a strategy in Dota 2 that involves gaining control of the map and using that control to gain an advantage over the opposing team. This can be done by gaining vision of key areas of the map and using that vision to make better decisions about when and where to take objectives, such as towers, Roshan, and the enemy’s ancient.
There are several ways to control the map:
- Warding: Placing observer and sentry wards around the map to gain vision of the enemy’s movements and objectives.
- Smoke ganking: Using smoke of deceit to surprise the enemy team and kill them.
- Map rotations: Rotating heroes from one lane to another to gain an advantage in a different lane.
- Map vision: Using abilities and items to gain vision of the map, such as using dust of appearance or gem of true sight.
- Roshan: Controlling the timing of Roshan, the powerful neutral creep, can give teams an advantage in the game.
- Map objectives: Knowing when and how to take objectives such as towers, Roshan, and the enemy’s ancient is crucial for winning the game.
By controlling the map, a team can gain an advantage in gold and experience, and can also force the enemy team to retreat. This can lead to taking towers, Roshan, and ultimately winning the game. In addition to that, map control also allows a team to play defensively and react to the enemy’s moves.
3. Item builds
Item builds are an important aspect of Dota 2, as the items that a hero purchases can greatly enhance their abilities and performance in the game. Each hero has their own unique abilities and item builds that complement their playstyle.
Here are a few tips for building items:
- Understand the role of the hero: Each hero has a specific role in the game, such as carrying, support, or initiator. Knowing the role of the hero will give you an idea of what items to build.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the hero: Knowing what a hero excels at and what they lack, can help in building items that complement their abilities.
- Core items: Core items are the items that are essential for a hero to function and can vary from hero to hero. They are the items that will be built first.
- Luxury items: Luxury items are items that can provide extra power but are not essential for the hero. They can be built later in the game when the gold is available.
- Timing: Knowing when to build certain items can be important. For example, a support hero may need to have a Mekansm or an Aghanim’s Scepter earlier than a carry hero.
- Synergy: Some items have a synergy with the hero’s abilities, and it’s important to keep that in mind when building items.
- Situational items: Some items may be useful in certain situations, like a Black King Bar against heavy spell casters or a Eul’s Scepter of Divinity against a hero with a stun.
- Keep in mind the enemy’s items: Knowing the enemy’s items can help you to decide what to build and what to counter.
It is important to note that item builds can vary depending on the game and situation and there’s no “one size fits all” answer. It is important to practice different item builds and find the one that works best for you and your team.
Coordination is a crucial strategy in Dota 2, as the game is a team-based game and effective coordination can lead to a significant advantage over the opposing team. Coordination can be defined as the ability of the team to work together effectively and efficiently to achieve a common goal.
Here are a few tips for coordinating with your team:
- Communication: Good communication is essential for coordination. A team that can communicate effectively can make better decisions and react faster to changing situations.
- Callouts: Callouts are a way of communicating important information to the team. This can include calling out objectives, enemy movements, and the use of abilities.
- Map awareness: Knowing what is happening on the map and being able to communicate that information to your team can help you make better decisions.
- Lane assignments: Assigning lanes to different heroes can help the team gain an advantage in gold and experience.
- Grouping: Knowing when and where to group up with your team can give you an advantage in team fights.
- Timing: Knowing when to take objectives, initiate fights and make rotations is important for coordination.
- Trust: Trusting your team to make the right decisions and execute them is crucial for coordination.
- Role assignments: Assigning roles to different team members can help the team function more effectively.
It is important to note that coordination can be difficult to achieve and it takes time and practice to master. Good coordination can lead to better decision making, faster reactions, and ultimately winning the game.
5. Understanding the Meta
Understanding the Meta, short for “Metagame”, is an important strategy in Dota 2. The Meta refers to the current state of the game, including the most popular heroes, strategies, and items that are being used by professional and high-level players. Understanding the Meta can give a player an idea of what heroes and strategies are popular and effective at the current state of the game.
Here are a few tips for understanding the Meta:
- Watch professional games: Watching professional games can give you an idea of the current Meta, as professional players often play the most popular and effective heroes and strategies.
- Read online guides and forums: There are many online guides and forums that discuss the current Meta, as well as strategies and item builds for different heroes.
- Try different heroes and strategies: Experimenting with different heroes and strategies can give you a better understanding of the Meta and help you find a playstyle that works best for you.
- Keep up to date with patches: The game is regularly updated and changes can have a big impact on the Meta. Keeping up to date with patches can help you understand the changes and how they affect the Meta.
- Be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of heroes: Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of heroes can help you understand why they are popular or not in the current Meta.
It’s important to note that the Meta can change over time and what’s popular today, might not be popular tomorrow. In addition to that, it’s not always necessary to follow the Meta, sometimes, playing off-meta can give you an advantage if executed correctly. Understanding the Meta can give you an idea of what to expect in a game and how to counter it, but it’s not the only way to play the game.
Dota 2 is regarded as one of the games featuring ongoing combat, similar to other games up until this point. Many players find it to be insane, and they may work together with their teammates to quickly and easily win. However, you also need tips and strategies for playing Dota 2 to better understand the game and have a better chance of winning. We hope this article was helpful to you!